Monday, January 2, 2012

Heartfelt Thanks

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday. I had a crafting dream Christmas. My sister gave me a gift card for a craft store which was totally unexpected as we normally do not exchange gifts. Someone else gave me a border punch I had been eyeing along with a gift card for Michaels. I was given some construction paper and the Crayola Reversible construction paper cuts like a dream with a cutting machine. As if that was not enough I received a package from a craft blogger full of all kinds of craft goodies. She had asked for my address as she wanted to send me a set of stamps she had. I was so touched by her generosity.

Now I am busy making thank you cards. I have not spent all the money on the gift card from my sister but wanted to send her a card using what I had bought. So here is the card I made for her. I cut a scalloped circle out of the card base using a spellbinder die and then cut a larger circle to put on the front.Ribbon is gift wrapping ribbon that was in a bag of ribbon and laces I bought at a thrift store. I felt like the circle looked too plain and the ribbon really makes it pop I think. The circle is pop dotted on the front.
Stamp in a box of stamps at a yard sale for $3 for the box.
Hearts stamped on other side of circle. They are actually peeking through the window.

I hope you have been inspired by my card and the techniques I used. Do come back again because you never know what I may doing next. Wishing you a frugal crafting New Year!



3 comments:

  1. I am not seeing the thank you cards above just and exclamation mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for alerting me to this problem it looks like the gremlins ate the pictures and alas I did not upload them to Photobucket. Will upload them as soon as I can again.

      Delete
    2. O.K Just in case there are more gremlins ready to eat my pictures I uploaded them to Photobucket. Don't know why the gremlins decided to eat the photos from this post.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)