Thursday, December 15, 2011

Alternative To Glitter Paper

I had today one of my why didn't I think of this sooner. I didn't have glitter or shimmer paper in the color I wanted for a project.  I picked up my piece of dark blue card stock which was the color I wanted to use for a project and thought to myself I wonder what would happen if I used VersaMark watermark ink and some transparent heat embossing powder. I had bought Star Dust heat embossing powder and was not happy with it when I tried it out on different projects. I was making another snowflake box and decided to try it on the top portion. Wow! I love how it turned out when I added the heat. The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks like a fiery Australian opal.

A little bit of the embossing powder goes a long way and this is a great alternative to glitter paper.  Also since you can do this after you cut out your shape you won't ruin your blade or cutting machine. Also you don't have to wait for glue to dry or worry about it flaking off. 

I don't have good light for taking a picture of the box top but this card stock peeking through the snowflake is absolutely gorgeous. This is something you are going to want to try. It is so easy. Just stamp your pad onto your paper or card stock. Sprinkle your embossing powder and use a heat embossing tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)