Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Joy

Hi everyone today I have my Joy card to share with you. I was thinking of what things bring me joy and I was thinking of swinging with my feet trying to touch the sky and tree branches.

Last week I was playing with creating photo prints and had an happy accident. I had placed my coffee filter on parchment paper and when I misted it to dissolve the color powder the paper wrinkled creating this pattern.  I thought  the resulting print looked like trees and thought this silhouette image would be perfect!

Oh you want to see the card. Silly me! Ta Da


My circle image is from a Dover sampler. I printed it out with my laser printer and did a packing tape transfer since I wanted the background to be clear.  Once I removed the paper backing the tape was still sticky so I adhered it to my photo print and cut out the circle. I didn't like how it looked on a plain background so went ahead and used the rest of the print blending as best I could my image. Next time I'll cut out the image before removing the paper.

Although a few people have done packing tape transfer with inkjet prints I have not had any luck. So I'm limited to black and white prints. I do want to experiment and see if markers would transfer to the tape.

I don't remember what font I used for "Joy" All I know my cutting machine is happy to be set up and used once again.

I'm off to do more playing, unpacking and organizing. Perhaps eventually I'll find my gelli plate and other crafting goodies. I did find the extra tape for my tape gun.😀

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting Till We Meet Again!

1 comment:

  1. An excellent background. The black silhouette is so effective :-) Looking forward to seeing what you do once you unpack and 'find' all your other crafting goodies :-D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)