Monday, August 6, 2018

Embroidery Card Hello

Hi everyone I have today an embroidery card to share with you. I bit the bullet and bought myself a sewing/embroidery machine. It has been decades since I have done any sewing. My old "demon" sewing machine just could not be exorcised. I was just going to buy a replacement sewing machine but have always wanted an embroidery machine. Anyway it came Friday and I had to play over the weekend.

After getting down the basics and watching a YouTube video after the installation CD was the wrong file format I tried my first embroidery design. Since I only had white embroidery thread which came with the machine I dug through my scrap pile. I decided to use a coffee filter since this was practice for the stabilizer.

I love the way it turned out. Although it is on a scrap  I think I will find a way to use it.

As some of you know I like to experiment. My next endeavor was to see about doing embroidery on card stock. After realizing that I needed to cut the card stock I started to play.

Here the card stock is still in the hoop. I first did the frame and then the center.

Here is my card. Drum roll please!


I decided to see if I could sew designer paper onto card stock. The pattern is really subtle.  My sewing is not perfect but this was my first time sewing on a card.

I love the heart embroidery panel. Just wish I would have left a little more room on the sides when I cut it down. I printed the Hello out and glued it down. I was going to stitch it down but changed my mind after I had adhered it to the card stock embroidered panel.

If you are going to embroider or sew on paper or card stock you will want to use a fine needle and you will want to go slow so you don't rip the paper. Also you will need to change the needle more often as stitching on paper will dull it sooner.

That is all for now. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.















2 comments:

  1. AWESOME !!! This is amazing work. I'd love a machine like that :-) Those butterflies are amazing.... maybe you can sell them to crafting people ???? :-D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)