Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Airbrushing On Balsa Wood Shape

Hi everyone I hope you are having a wonderful week. Yesterday I had fun using my e-Brush on a balsa wood shape as well as using a stencil and heat embossing. Unfortunately the photo does not do it justice. I need to  buy something to seal it with and then I'll glue a pin back on it. If my granddaughter wants I have plenty of balsa wood shapes which I bought a couple of years ago at Dollar Tree so she can make some pins, barrettes,or ornaments for Christmas gifts.
First I used my eBrush and did the background as well as edging it. Then I masked off all except for the body section of the butterfly and airbrushed. Then I masked off the body and airbrushed using a stencil on one wing and then flipped the stencil over and did the other wing. Then I took a circles stencil and using an embossing pen embossed some of the circles with Zing gold embossing powder. Then I took Shimmer Creative Medium and with a cosmetic wedge applied it all over the front.

Next thing I'll be doing with the eBrush is to do some buttons for on a card. If I can find my small stars stencil I'll stencil a star in the middle.

If you have not tried using a stencil for heat embossing you might want to try it. Use either an embossing pen or embossing liquid with a dauber. Then lift up carefully your stencil and add your embossing powder and emboss like regular.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to visit. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting what you are doing with yourebrush. The stencil technique sounds interested for embossing.
    I have a hard time putting blue and green together even though I know in the real world it happens all the time. :)
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue flowers really add a nice pop of colour. Your stencilling idea sounds interesting. I think this would make a lovely hair piece for your granddaughter.,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)