Monday, October 6, 2014

Airbrush Butterfly Card

Hi everyone! Yesterday and today I played with my eBrush airbrush. I'm a loving it even though I need to practice more. Here is my first card. Mitsyana Wright generously shared the link to her site which has the file I used as a stencil.The file can be found here Butterfly Border.

First I sprayed on a strip of paper the blue using my air brush. I thought the blue was too dark so inserted a cheap dollar store marker in the eBrush. I noticed when I was practicing on scrap paper it gave me a nice spattered effect so I went that route. Then I placed the negative over my background and sprayed my butterflies. I am still learning to get the spray where I want it so accidentally got color in some of the diamonds. I decided to use "Stickles" to color the diamonds. I then took a Glaze pen and colored the body and antennae of the butterflies. Since my cardstock is crappy this allowed me to fill in where the antennae had not cut out cleanly. Alas only the large butterfly cut out nice. I went ahead and cut another out of scrap cardstock. Airbrushed and used the glaze pen on those and pop dotted them to the card. I'm still learning how to get the spray where I want it. What distance to use as well as speed to use. I love how the top 3d butterfly turned out. Now if I can duplicate that effect I'll be happy. I stamped my sentiment on tissue paper and carefully glued it down.

I definitely would recommend buying the eBrush if you are looking for an airbrush. I had originally looked at the Copic one but I don't have any Copic markers. The eBrush has adapters available which will fit most brands of markers. I found yesterday on clearance some Crayola markers which fit with the adapter I have. Now if I can find some glitter as well as metallic pens which will fit. Although I can buy Crayola Marker Maker kit and fill with my own ink. If you are interested in buying one of those WalMart online has them for half of what I've seen anywhere else. I believe that they also carry the refill kit but I'm not sure.

O.K I'm behind on starting my altered cards for this week so I better get busy. Lol! The only supply I have which Claudine used was paint so it will be interesting to see what I can do. The theme is Halloween and I do have a ton of digital images so it will be deciding what to use.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back and grab a cup of hot Apple Cider. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. You are certainly having fun with your new toy and not doing too badly at all. Love the colors you are using.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this card seriously rocks my world. Love the spraying you did. Must check out the air brush.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)