Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello Card

My dear friend Beth Norman has on her blog a beautiful card which inspired me to make this card. You can find her creation here. And here is my card.
For the background I started out by using two different embossing folders on the panel but didn't like the results so went back over with the Tim Holtz embossing folder. Then I did not like the white card stock with the speckles in it so went and use my homemade glimmer mist. The circle was filled in my cutting software with a graduated color and here again I didn't like it so I brushed yellow metallic watercolor paint over it. The butterfly is a cutting file  that came with the software, I filled it in with one of the images I have stored on my computer. I was trying to get the same feel on this card as Beth got on hers. Because my goal is to use at least one stamp on a card I decided to use just the sentiment part of a stamp. Alas my markers all appeared to be dry so ended up having to use one of the purple ones from my Memento purple marker set. I loved how this sentiment was curved on the rubber stamp.

O.K. I'm back to sorting stuff. It is like a treasure hunt as I found semi-gloss blank cards,gems,and other kind of things including an unopened bottle of Dimensional Magic.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Myoriah
    I love your butterfly. Great job with the sentiment and circle. I would never have thought of going over embossing with another folder. Good job.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you did here. It has the same feeling as the Impression Obsession stamp. You certainly are one creative lady. Thanks for mentioning me. You're such a dear friend.

    hugs,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Myoriah! You have been one busy and creative crafter. I love the embossing and that gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)