Friday, April 26, 2013

Beauty Another Faux Paint Swatch

I woke up this morning and felt like playing before going to work sorting and packing things. I did this card in bits and pieces today. I have found I've been more productive both crafting and getting done what I need to do. :-)

The Paint Swatch technique is so fast that I decided to see how it would work with my Distress ink. Besides I don't have that many chalk inkpads with graduated colors in the same color family.
I used Antique Linen, Tea Dye, and Vintage Photo distress ink for the background. Beauty is a stamp from a Fancy Pants stamp set and is stamped with Memento black ink. I thought I had gotten beauty stamped crooked but then I looked at the stamp and it is made that way. My trusty Cameo cut out the butterfly pieces. I brushed Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls over the printed butterfly.


Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I hope to put together a card using an interesting background which involves play. It was super fun to make and allowed me to take advantage of the sun as it is best to do this outside.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

4 comments:

  1. Absoulutely stunning...everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myoriah
    Wonderful card young lady and I love that butterfly.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did a fabulous job with this technique. I'm so intimidated by how to use the end result that I haven't done it yet. You are good. It looks like you work well under pressure. Good luck with your packing. Enjoy your weekend. hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)