Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tiskit Tasket Vintage Basket And A Bookmark

After seeing my prototype woven basket a friend asked me to make one for his Mother. (See previous post for video on how to make the basket as well as where to find a template.) I used card stock which was textured on one side. However, next time I will not use core card stock. A lighter card stock would be easier to work with.


The vintage graphics are from Dover. I did a print and cut using Studio. I sprayed adhesive spray and sprinkled some Martha Stewart coarse crystal glitter on the images. I am loving the look of the glitter over certain images.  I glued on the handle I made from a scrap Simplicity gem ribbon. Although it is suppose to be self adhesive it doesn't really stick. The handle is attached with  Karen Foster coil brads. Now all my friend needs to do is buy his mom's favorite candy and he is good to go.

While I was doing print and cut I also decided to make this bookmark for my friend's mom.


This is a freebie image by Wendy Tunison for those who subscribe to her email. You can go to her site and under the Crushes and Kisses post find a bunch of delightful freebies as well as a couple of other bookmarks.
http://inkinandthinkin.typepad.com/inkin_thinkin/ I went ahead after tracing and did a rounded offset in Studio to make the mat. I need to laminate it and then add some cording which I have.

What projects have you been doing to show you love?

Thank you for stopping by and do come back again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the superb work!

    Here is my webpage: motorcycle dealers in iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)