Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Heartfelt Sympathy

I was going through my stash of cards and realized that I did not have any sympathy cards. I could rush to the store and buy one but it is not the same as a handmade one.

I was thinking today what kind of card I would like my family to get when I die and came up with this. I would want them to get something cheerful . As well as something symbolic with hope. The butterfly to me is that symbol.



The butterfly was cut using a free Silhouette file I just ungrouped and used the solid butterfly to add text to. The text is sketched with a Silhouette sketch pen. I edged the butterfly with a gold paint pen and added a rhinestone.Then pop dotted it on the front after folding the wings slightly.

The inside I used the free Silhouette frame file. Ungrouping and deleting one of the set of lines. Then entered a poem I wrote in Studio and sketched the words before cutting it out.

There is a lot I could have done with this card but sometimes I think simple is better.

Do you make sympathy cards and do you like to make simple ones or more detailed ones?

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)