Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Millie Dee Quick & Mail-able Card

I love freebies and I love shabby chic as well as vintage. Millie Dee had this cute digital kit as a freebie I believe it was part of Scrapable Twelve Days Of Christmas.  I think it was only available for one day as I've been unable to find where I found out about it.Thank you Millie.

You can easily do something similar with any kit you may have or find online. You can also mix and match elements from different kits. If you have not used digital kits check them out as there are a lot of really nice free ones out there in cyberspace.

It was easy to print the papers out on my printer. I did with the lightest paper randomly stamp with VersaMark ink and heat embossed snowflakes. on it. I have to have a touch of glitter. With my Studio software I re-sized the frame and snowman. Turned them into a Print and Cut file. Filling a page full of both of them. Doing this along with the printing and cutting took maybe five minutes. Then it is just assembling the card. I used my tape runner for that so no need to wait for glue to dry and everything is stuck down tight. The snowman could have been placed on the card with dimensional dots and could still be mailed without an extra charge.


I found the pre-scored card bases on sale in a pack of 350 of them for under $10. LOL! I though it was just assorted card stock. O.K. I know you are dying to see the card. TA DA!




If you don't have a digital cutter like the Silhouette Original,SD,or the new Cameo you may want to write Santa a letter asking for one. This is one of the best investments I have ever made. It makes so many crafting projects quick and easy. What I like about the Silhouette is there is no cartridges to buy and a lot of the files are free or you can even convert your own images into cutting files.

As the holidays are drawing closer I hope that you are finding time to create and finding joy in creating. Do come back  Thursday or Friday as I should have an awesome brooch to share that is made with card stock and Dimensional Magic. LOL! That is if I can be patient while the Dimensional Magic dries.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)