Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cute Box With Snowflake Top

I found this cute box file at the Silhouette store for $.50 during their $.50 sale for every file. Well it is no longer $.50 but you can still get it for under $1. Right now it is on sale for $.75. I did go ahead and modify the file. I duplicated the top and then in my software released the compound path. Then I went and manually turned off all the cut lines for the snowflake. This way I was able to cut out a solid top which was then glued to the snowflake top. This made the top sturdier and I like the effect of the shimmer card stock I used shining through.  This box is the perfect size for the Christmas tree pin I made as well as the brooch that I just finished.


I am thinking of  stamping and heat embossing snowflakes on the base for the next one I make. As well as sprinkling glitter on the snowflake. Wouldn't this be cute to fill with some Christmas candy or cookies as a gift.

Come back Thursday to view the awesome brooch I made with Dimensional Magic and card stock. I am pleased with how nice it turned out. Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)