Monday, October 22, 2018

Stopping By The Woods

Hi my dear readers. Ever since I learned about poetry at an early age Robert Frost has been one of my favorite . My favorite poem by him is "Stopping By Woods On  Snowy Evening". I decided to make a card based on that poem. Although my Just For Fun stamp has more than one person in the sleigh.


I tried a alcohol technique and it didn't work. Being the queen of frugal I went ahead and painted my forest on the dark blue background.On the bottom of my background I applied heavy gel and fine glitter. I didn't realize that if the heavy gel is put on too thick that it will crack. In this case it was a happy accident. I cut out my frame and used my airbrush to color it.

My stamp was being stubborn and I was ready to throw it out. Then I remembered about putting down a piece of foam underneath so took the stamp off the stamping platform and stamped. I decided to leave the image as it was without coloring. I also decided that the horse peeking over the frame would give more of an idea of motion.

I'm happy the way this card turned out. Sometimes I have an idea but never really sure what the outcome will be.  Sometimes also a card will evolve while I'm working on it.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)