Saturday, October 20, 2018

Joy To The World Sheet Music Card

Hi all I saw in a mixed media book where sheet music was used for a collage along with heavy gel and acrylic paint. I decided to not use actual sheet music but to scan in a piece and print it 3 x 5 for a card using my laser printer. Of course if you are not going to use paint and gel you could print your scanned piece with an ink jet printer. Here is my result. Just wish the photo would have done it justice as it looks better in person.


Lol! After taking this picture I cleaned the dried heavy medium off the bottom of the scanned piece. Didn't notice it before but my camera magnifies everything.

Following the technique in the book I brushed heavy medium over my scanned piece of sheet music. When dry I brushed thinned metallic turquoise paint over the top portion. Once dried I mixed yellow paint with heavy medium and brushed it on. I decided to leave white where just the words are.

I stamped on a scrap of white card my holly which is a Just For Fun stamp with Dirty Martini Dylusion waterproof ink. I then painted with glitter paint and metallic paint. While unpacking boxes I found the scrap of dark blue paper to use for a mat.

There you have it my different sort of Christmas card. You could use any sort of sheet music and embellishments to create a simple card.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Great card. Love using sheet music for Christmas cards !!
    Hugs,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Myoriah!
    My name is Karen. I love this music paper idea. It's always so sweet seeing music on cards. I picked up some vintage sheet music at an antique store and I forget to use it. I found your blog through SumMore Stamps where I also applied for a GDT spot. I wish you the best...you're truly talented. Also, I run a fun challenge blog (always Anything Goes with awesome prizes) and I'd love to have you play along and share your talents with us. Hope to see more of you. I always enjoy making new blog friends. I'd love to have you follow my (personal) blog and I'll follow yours if that's ok w you.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - My Challenge Blog
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - My Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)