Monday, October 8, 2018

Fall Is In The Air Time To Play With Paint

Hi everyone I had so much fun this weekend playing with both water color paint and acrylic paint. As well as experimenting with hard gel medium which I just bought.  I also had fun organizing and sorting through more stamps. I found my stamptangle stamps from Just For Fun and had fun inking up both the pumpkin and one of the leaves. Without further ado here is what my final result was.


Unfortunately my light is so dim in my playroom that I was not able to take photos while I created my background. Instead of using masking tape I used painter's tape as it is has less of a tendency to tear card stock when you pull it up. The next time I do this though I will have a tab as it was a pain to find under the layers of paint where some of the tape was. Much less pull it up.

I started by painting canvas paper which is textured with yellow paint. When the paint was dry I randomly placed torn pieces of tape. I am clueless where my orange tube acrylic paint is so I mixed yellow and red for orange. Once that was dry I randomly placed more tape and painted red. When that was dry I placed more tape and painted walnut gel stain. When that dried I pulled off the tape and applied gel stain and wiped it off before it dried. Once dried I took a palette knife and applied hard gel medium. The medium created a rich look to the colors.

Next was to see if hard gel medium could be used over water color paints. I stamped my leaf on brown packing paper using Ranger Archival ink. I then painted with water color paint and when dry coated my leaf with the hard gel. Once dry I cut out my leaf and was able to curl the leaf and have it stay curled. So happy to know that I can seal over water color paint.

Then it was on to experiment with painting a detailed stamped image with acrylic paint. I painted the pumpkin and then with a paper towel wiped off enough paint so that the stamped details showed through. I used Dylusion Black Marble ink which was not as dark as the Ranger ink to stamp with.

After adhering my leaf with some hard gel onto my background I curled my pumpkin and adhered it only down at the sides to give it dimension.

I hope you won't be afraid to experiment and to try new things. As well as with Fall in the air and cooler weather to get into your craft room and play.

I'm off to play more with the hard gel. As well as unearthing more of my craft supplies. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)