Sunday, September 23, 2018

Waxy and Witchy

Hi everyone Autumn is officially here and that means that Halloween is just around the corner. I don't really do a lot of Halloween cards but when I saw the  Sicara Witch by Scrap N Dipity image I had printed in sepia and never used I knew she would be perfect for a Halloween card as well as for the background I had in mind.


A friend living with me kept bringing home wax paper. I still have several boxes of wax paper left years later. Being the Queen of frugal I have to do something. I balled up wax paper, flattened it out and swiped Distress ink over it. I then decided to wet the paper and sprinkled some Brusho crystals on it.  The water flattened the paper but when I used my heat gun not only did it start to re-wrinkle a little bit but the wax paper became more transparent. It worked perfect since I had planned to adhere it to a scrap of yellow card stock. The yellow shows through more now.

My sentiment is from a Silhouette file I downloaded from the store I think when I first got my cutting machine. After printing and cutting out the sentiment I took my Antique Lace Distress ink pad and holding the pad diamond shape using just a triangle area lightly applying the ink in a circular pattern. Sicara is colored with pencils and a gel pen used to color  the star. She is a modern witch so her dress and hat is purple. Light purple is considered a lighthearted color so I thought it was appropriate for this young witch. Purple is also considered a color or spirituality, magic, mystery and power.

Thank you for stopping  by do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.



2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)