Friday, September 7, 2018

Beachy Keen Peachy Fun Play

Hi everyone the last couple of days I've been playing. I saw a painting done on a board and decided to try it on fabric adding my own spin since I was doing a smaller piece. I also wanted to do more play with packing tape transfers. I decided to trace and detach a section of a Beachy Keen digital stamp in Silhouette Studio. I was too lazy to try to lay down several strips of packing tape and have it looking good. I  also wanted to see what would work coloring on the semi sticky side of the image and still be able to be adhered with clear glue. I discovered the last packing tape transfer I did could have used a little bit of help with some extra stickiness.

I tore my piece of cotton fabric to size and painted it. I used a dark blue oil pastel for my blue line. On the board a pencil had been used for the line but I decided to try the pastel. I decided to forgo the washi tape across the bottom and use a stencil instead after painting the center and painting Iridescent medium over the dried paint. I glued Washi tape on the right instead of the left as my stencil worked better that way. After rubbing the paper backing off my packing tape I started to color. I had taken a piece of packing tape and rubbed an oil pastel on it and then glued it down to paper with clear glue. I wanted to make sure the oil pastel wouldn't bleed or smear and that the glue wouldn't leave any evidence that it was used. I used a soft brush to add my glue to the packing tape and it didn't leave any brush strokes. It does have to be a thin coat of glue.

The coloring was the most time consuming. Especially since I had to keep washing out my Fantastik brush tip coloring tool as I have no idea yet where the rest of them are. I would load color on it from the oil pastel stick and color. It was really tricky getting the right amount of pale orange for the skin tone so that my girl didn't look like she had been playing with artificial tanner.

If you wish to color a black and white toner based transfer image know that anywhere you don't color your background will show through. There are a few places I should have added the color heavier but on the whole I'm pleased with my first attempt of coloring a packing tape transfer image.

Now I'm off to doing more experimenting with using a stencil with a  image. May try it with a magazine page.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)