Monday, August 1, 2016

New Month New Challenge Beach

Hi everyone it is a new month and a new challenge. This month the challenge is beach/seashore. If you have been following me you know I usually do cards but this time I got out of my comfort zone and did something different. I changed the theme in my living room from butterflies to ocean so created a 8 x 10 piece. I love this piece sitting with my lighthouse water globe and a couple of shells I've collected over the years.

Here is the reveal!



I started by spraying copy paper with adhesive and then covered the copy paper with white tissue wrapping paper. Normally I would make sure there were no wrinkles but this time I didn't care. Next was to take my photo of the sea gulls on the sand and print it. It is times like this that I wish I had a larger printer.

Once I adhered my print the fun began with stamping, coloring, cutting out, ect. I had to change some of my ideas along the way but that is the fun of doing something like this for yourself. I used the sentiment "Down by the Seashore where life is a little easier" So I wanted my piece to reflect that.

 I thought about what things I like to do when I visit the ocean. Things like collecting seashells and walking along the beach marveling at sand castle creations. As well as watching people play volleyball and occasionally being allowed to join in. Lol! (The other team snickers if a team allows me to play with them until I start playing. I have a mean serve. )

I took a piece of produce netting which I had laundered because it was sticky. It came out soft and with a little bit of a frayed look. Since I didn't like the green I airbrushed using a marker. I then cut a thin craft stick and glued the net to it. I found a clipart of the volleyball so printed and cut it out.  My friend said it looks like the one sea gull is ready to go play.

I love collecting shells and have actually found starfish in tide pools. This star fish along with the sand castle are stamped on adhesive cork. I think you can still find the 6 x 6 packs of it. The sand dollar is stamped on sandpaper. It was the only stamp I could get a good impression on.

Both the empty chair and flip flops are stamped on pattern card stock. I don't usually stamp on pattern card stock so it was fun to use it that way.

Originally I was going to place the woman drinking in the empty chair but didn't like how she looked. Besides I figured it was bad feng shui to have a single woman in the picture. This way there is a chair for someone to join whether a new friend or a new relationship.  The woman is clipart I found. It is easy in a software program to rotate if an image is facing the wrong way.

The umbrella is stamped on clear plastic. I was too lazy to do all the cutting as well as wasn't sure what direction I wanted the umbrella to face.  By stamping on clear plastic you can change the direction of an image. I colored with Sharpies on the back side.

The two shells on the sentiment were actually stamped on a scrap of the paper used for the sentiment. After stamping with Stazon I mixed Perfect Pearl in Iridescent Medium and brushed it on. The only thing you have to be careful about is you don't brush the medium on so heavy that you obscure the stamping.

I left my heart at the seashore but this way I can visit whenever I want. Even if it is just in memories.

Do you ever get to the seashore? What type of things do you like to do?

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will join in the challenge. Details can be found here: http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-challenge-sand-in-our-toes.htmlUntil next time wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. My friend, you really outdid yourself this time. I could feel myself relaxing at this wonderful beach.
    Hugs
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)