Thursday, August 18, 2016

Autumn Greetings

Hi everyone I just got back from vacation. Over a week of camping and putting more miles on my ancient Jeep. Since my friend was working at the camp site I spent some time coloring with pencils stamped images and stamped the sentiment for this card. I was only wishing I had brought along some darker ink. I did the background before leaving for vacation. It was a lot of fun to do using the Hot Boss Embossing tool which a friend gave me a few years back and crayons. Then using my embossing machine and liquid gold after I embossed.


The Hot Boss comes with different tips. I used the triangle groove tip to melt different crayons on my card stock. Then used the tip to smooth the crayon and blend the colors. If you don't have a Hot Boss but have a wood burning tool you can melt your crayons that way and probably then blend and smooth with a metal palette knife. After the wax from the crayons cooled I ran my card through my embossing machine using a Darice folder. In a few places where the wax was the thickest some of the wax came off on the folder but was easy to clean off. I then brushed on Precious Metal in a gold color and wiped some of it off while still wet since the crayons did not act as a total resist.

I'm not sure what the name is for the Just For Fun Rubber stamp. I stamped it on yellow card with cactus green Stazon ink. The image was colored with pencils and then cut out by hand.

The Hot Boss can be found here: http://www.adornit.com/index.cfm/store/product.cfm?product=749 I don't know what shipping costs but the price is reasonable. I did notice on Amazon there is a book out with ideas for using it.

There you have it my crafting fix while camping. As well as my using a tool which had been gathering dust in at least for me a new way.

Just a reminder that the Sand In Our Toes challenge is still going on. I would love to see your creations.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an eyep popping colour with all that orange. Love it! Nice autumn card. Have a nice weekend girlfriend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)