Wednesday, August 24, 2016

May Your Day....Beach

Hi everyone we are nearing the end of the Just For Fun Beach challenge. However you still have a week left to join in on the fun. I like sometimes using my own photos and when I go to the ocean which if I'm lucky is once a year I take scads of photos.  Alas my last trip I forgot to charge up my camera battery before going so ended up having to use my phone. The light was too low  to get a sunset photo that wasn't grainy so I decided to use this photo for my background. I love how it worked with the beach umbrella stamp.


I had wanted to use the spiral sun but the stamp was too large to use along with the sentiment. The sentiment and beach umbrella is stamped on deli paper with Stazon ink. I tore the paper to give more of the look of clouds or even waves.  The sand and umbrella were colored with pencils and then cut out by hand.

The frame was cut out of scrap calligraphy paper and paper clips used at the corner. I thought the spiral copper paper clips would be perfect.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea to use the photo in your card. I have seen others like this but never been able to try it myself. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)