Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Haunted House Scene

Hi everyone here it is the end of September. Today I have one more Halloween card to share. Originally it was going to be a Shaker card but things don't always turn out like planned. I did have fun making it even though the leaves stuck when I shook the card.
The background was stamped with Just For Fun Bats stamp. I dropped Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber re-inkers on plastic and then stamped. I did some ghost stamping where I did not reink the stamp. Originally I was going to use the bats in the water globe scene but realized it would be too much.

The water globe was stamped  with Rusty Bown Stazon ink on white card and on plastic. I then cut the glass part out of the plastic. Where the stamped bubble is I added Dimensional Magic. In person you can see the bubble but it  didn't photograph well.  The base was painted with gouache paint. Yes, I'm a loving using gouache and wonder why it took me so long to purchase a basic set. I discovered that the Sakura Quickie Glue pen was perfect for gluing the plastic to the card. :-)

My haunted house was cut out with my cutting machine. I ended up having to cut off the extended porch to get it to fit. I was afraid if I resized it even smaller it might not cut out well. I airbrushed it with a black and navy blue marker.. It is then backed with scraps of yellow card.

The leaves were cut out of scraps of yellow and orange. It always amazes me at how small I can cut things.

The cat is stamped and heat embossed. I then took a yellow glaze pen to color the eyes.

I'm always intimidated stamping directly on a background. However, these stamps are of such a high quality that even using the rubber unmounted stamps without a mouse pad I've gotten clear stamped images. :-) This time I stamped with Ranger Archival black ink.

Now it is on to creating some Autumn and Winter Cards.As well as an Autumn decorating project.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)