Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Autumn Is On My Mind

Hi everyone I'm so excited. You may have noticed there is a new badge on the left hand side. Yeah! I'm officially part of the design team for Just For Fun stamps and my stamps are suppose to be here tomorrow. In the meantime I've been creating backgrounds as well as making embellishments.  I decided to take a break and do a card for Mojo Monday. This week is now challenge 414. Clicking on the Mojo image on the left will take you the site where you can find details.

Today was a beautiful Indian Summer day with the temperature being not too hot and not too cold. The nights are cooling down more and trees are beginning to drop their leaves. Thoughts turn to packing away shorts and sleeveless tops for another year and to unpack thermal underwear and wool socks. So it isn't really surprising that the card I made today is another Autumn one.

Here is this week's sketch:
Here is my take on it:
As you can see lots of layers. The background and top smaller panel is a paper towel which I used Brusho Colour Crystals and floor wax on. The band across was leftover from making my skinny tall card base. On top of that is a panel which I sprayed with a mixture of dissolved in water Brusho Colour Crystals and iridescence paint. Then I used my airbrush with markers and a stencil. The pennant was cut out of leftover dryer sheet/wax paper from the previous card. 

The leaf is stamped on foil using Bold Aspen by Hero Arts and Jet Black Stazon ink . After stamping I took a blunt pencil and went over the lines. Then I airbrushed with three different Sharpie markers.To get the speckles I held the airbrush up high. Then I cut it out by hand and pop dotted it onto my card. I love how it turned out.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card !!
    Congratulations!!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I recognize the company for their zentangles they have. Used to have an owl, I was sure, but didn't see it. How exciting for you. Todays card rocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)