Thursday, March 12, 2015

Altered Playing Card Challenge Week 25

Here we are in week 25 I believe of the altered playing card challenge. This challenge I had some things go wrong but that is why it is a challenge.  It was fun to play with coloring with different mediums as well as experiment even though stenciling with gouache did not work nor did metallic mixative show up after I stenciled. Thank goodness alcohol blender helped me to salvage my black glossy card but it wasn't pretty as it was. The technique this week was to use reinkers and glossy card. Well I don't have reinkers so it was alcohol ink to the rescue. Here are Claudine's cards.


And here are mine:
For this card I already had the background made. I made it when I was playing with alcohol ink and blending solution on a blending tool and photo paper for another project. There was a big enough piece left over to fit on my playing card. 

The sun was stamped on tissue wrapping paper and Liquitex Iridescent Medium brushed on it. The butterfly was stamped on wax paper which had glue painted on it and then colored using my airbrush. Then facial tissue torn and put in the wet glue. 

The sentiment was printed with a label maker. I bought the tape for someone to use in a photo album but they decided to use the clear. I figured that black would not show up.  The Narcissus is stamped and colored with gouache paint. The grass was cut with my Cameo and colored with an airbrush. I curled it a little bit with a pencil. My cute gnome is from an online coloring page site where you can download different images to color. I had fun coloring him with pencils.

This one I used glossy black and loved how alcohol ink and the silver metalic mixative worked with it. Alas I ended up having to take a blending tool with alcohol solution after messing it up with gouache paint. I ended up using Brilliance Ink with my star stencil. The gold didn't show up so I used Red Gold and Silver. 

The Angel is a Silhouette cutting file. I cut out a solid angel and used the airbrush to color the wings and halo I colored her face,hands and the cut out part of wings and halo with colored pencils. Then I used on the cutout wings and halo a GellyRoll clear glitter pen. The dress was painted with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  It is really easy to paint with dye inks stamp on a shiny surface the ink pad and then use a wet brush to pick up the ink. The Distress ink seems to give more of a mottled look. I used gel pens to draw in the eyes and mouth.

I was thinking of how when I look at the stars I think of people who I love who are no longer here on earth so decided to use this sentiment. I used a white gel pen to write it on a piece of tracing paper. I was afraid I was going to mess up writing directly on the card. I then edged the card with gold tape.

I'm still busy organizing and have a literature sorter coming next week. My file cabinet was not working for holding my letter size card stock and colored copy paper. Also if I can easily see what colors I have I will be more apt to use them. Not to mention that they will add some color to an apartment white room. I have found a place for the file cabinet in another room. :-)

Today the sun is out so I'm off to take my boys on a walk to the park. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


1 comment:

  1. Great work. Love how you cut your grass with your cameo. I use my Martha Stewart icicle punch for my grass--LOL. The bg on your angel turned out beautifully. You have quite the talent my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)