Saturday, March 14, 2015

Altered Medium Twinchie

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I decided to play. I bought some corrugated cardboard on clearance as I thought it would be fun to play with. It has been sitting for a few weeks now in a drawer and I decided it was time to see what I could do with it. I love how it turned out and will definitely be using this technique for panels on cards. :-) Of course it won't turn out exactly the same next time.
I started by randomly applying strips of paper to the corrugated cardboard. Then I randomly applied gesso in places. After the gesso was pretty much dry I took a stencil and applied paint. I would use one color with the stencil and then move the stencil and do another color. I wasn't trying to stencil the actual pattern. After the paint was dry I used a couple of  green markers with my airbrush. I love the result I got

For my flowers I took wooden pieces by Calico Studio and airbrushed them. Then I glued a gem in the center. For my stems I used a chenille stem which I also airbrushed since it was originally white, 

As I said in my last post the eBrush twinchie challenge ends Sunday. It was fun to see what I could do with such a small size and to try new things. Who knew that ordinary corrugated cardboard could turn out so pretty.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. The colour you used on your cardboard is awesome. Cut idea to decorate with pipe cleaners and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is certainly a different look from just plain old cardboard. Very pretty.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)