Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What Is It? Ornament,Gift Box,Luminary?

I saw this cute cube at the Silhouette store. *sigh* I didn't see the snowflake one until today and they are back at $.99 cents. I plan to make a bunch to use as a garland. A friend of mine showed me how it could also be used as a luminary. LOL! Now he wants me to make a bunch for him to give as gifts. I am going to use a tip for score lines found on the Silhouette Plus forum as I don't like the perforated lines.

Wouldn't these be cute on a Christmas tree with battery tea lights in them. The tea light in the picture actually changes color. I love it!

This one I lined with tissue paper and put a small gift in..The recipient can hang it on their tree and use it as an ornament for years to come.

If you don't have a machine that uses the Studio software you can probably find a template for the cube. You could then cut out your design with a craft knife. It will be a little more work.

Hope you enjoyed visiting my blog. Do come back and who knows I may eventually get around to making a Christmas card or two using playing cards to share with you. LOL!

Here's wishing you a fun filled rest of the week crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Those turned out cute! You can replace those shapes with a snowflake welded to a circle, if you want. I bought one box shape with the intent of replacing the shapes as necessary for different occasions.

    Now off to check out the rest of your blog. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)