Friday, November 25, 2011

Poor Woman's Peeled Paint

This is a wonderful  Christmas card using a peeled paint technique I had never heard of. It uses Acrylic paint,tacky glue,and a embossing gun.

Scrap Time - Ep. 696 - Peeled Paint Technique Christmas Card featuring Eco-Green Products from Mark Giles on Vimeo.

My tacky glue was all dried up but I discovered that Elmer's worked fine. I brushed it over my base coat and went and washed my brush. When I came back I brushed the top coat and used  my embossing gun. In places some of the paint had started to separate before I even used my heat gun. I had one place where the paint  really bubbled up but I carefully pushed it back down. This is not really a crackle finish.  However I like the way it turned out. I used a scrap of watercolor paper to try this and it did not buckle at all. By the way when I do anything like this I have a fire extinguisher close by. I have never needed it but I would rather be safe than sorry.

If you try this let me know how it worked for you.. Stay tuned as there is more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)