Friday, October 12, 2018

More Experimenting With Hard Gel Medium

Hi all I did more experimenting with heavy gel medium. My faux encaustic sky didn't turn out like planned but I like it. I also put my piece when dry the wrong side in my embossing folder but it all worked out.

Sometimes when adhering something on glitter it hasn't stuck or if it has it ends up later on falling off. So far the heavy gel has kept the snow person on the card. We will see if he/she is still on the card before I mail out my holiday cards.

Without further ado! Here is my finished card. Not the way I had planned it but I like it. I hope the person I send it to will like it also.


For my sky I put drops of acrylic paint on canvas paper. Then loaded my plastic pan scraper (the pan scraper is wider than a palette knife) with heavy gel medium blending in the paints and medium. When dry I embossed with my Darice folder. Brushed on white paint and while still wet wiped it off with a paper towel leaving the white in the design.

Took a photo and printed it out. Did some creative cutting. I brushed heavy gel in places and used it to create some snow drifts. It didn't flatten like other mediums do. I thought I had grabbed white glitter but it was multi-color crystal glitter I sprinkled over the wet hard gel. Was going to add more hard gel and white glitter to discover I am out of white glitter.

The snow person is a Just For Fun stamp. I used waterpoof ink to stamp with since I was coloring with markers.I colored with Tombow brush markers and Prismacolor markers. After cutting out I adhered with a dab of the heavy gel.

It was fun playing around seeing what the hard gel will do. I'm back to unpacking and organizing my "playroom" if I'm lucky I will be done by the holidays. Lol!

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)