Sunday, October 28, 2018

Here We Come A Caroling

Hi dear readers as much as I love to get inky and stamp there are times I need to use digital images since I either don't have an image of what I want to use or it is the wrong size. In this case it was the fact that the only caroler stamp I have is of snow people which right now I am not sure which box the majority of my wood mount stamps are in.

Sometimes I don't like how a card looks when I photograph it which is why I now use re-positional adhesive so I can change things if I don't like the arrangement. In this case though I basically ended up adding more detail.


Except for the stars and tree the images are from the Melonheadz Christmas Caroler set. I wrapped gift ribbon around the lamppost and crotchet thread around my tree. My sidewalk was card stock airbrushed since I don't have gray card stock and then a stencil used.

I was experimenting with rubbing alcohol and paint again for my background. I had bought Prussian Blue paint at a thrift store and when I opened it the paint was really liquidity which no amount of shaking changed. I painted my canvas paper and then while the paint was wet splattered rubbing alcohol over it. I didn't like how it looked so misted my paper and took a house painting brush and swiped over it. I love my result. I can see a lot of potential using thin paint and rubbing alcohol.

What techniques have you tried lately?

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. You really outdid yourself. So much work went into this card. I just made a card fold for my daughters birthday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)