Monday, June 27, 2016

Gate Card

Hi two posts in just one day. Unreal I know. I thought this project was going to be posted at a later date on the Craftwell blog so imagine my surprise to discover it was posted today

I was asked to do a project using either the embossing machine or their eBrush. Since I have both of their products which are my go to tools I used them. :-)


I sprinkled Brusho Colour Crystals which are powdered pigment colors on my embossing folder I then wet my card stock.  Embossed like normal. Depending on the paper and how wet it is you will get different results. Those who know me know I like shimmer so I preceded to brush "Liquitex Iridescent" medium. Because the crystals are water soluble it blended the colors more.

If you have been following me for any length of time you know I'm a frugal crafter. I have tons of thin corrugated cardboard which was used for packing material.  Using my embossing machine and dies I cut them out. I have also cut the thin corrugated material with my cutting machine making sure I have a sharp blade. Next step was to take my eBrush and two Spectrum Noir markers. After I air brushed with the colors  I then went and placed the blender marker in my air brush brushing over the pieces. I used my iridescent medium to give me the look of metal. I used the same two colors but got different looks depending on which color I used first and how heavy I sprayed. The center was done with Liquid Pearl.

I used a sentiment from one of the Just For Fun unmounted sentiment sheets. After stamping I cut the words apart so they would fit on my die cut out.

Sheer ribbon was adhered to keep the card closed.

My tip for today is to not throw out that thin corrugated cardboard but to use it.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet anything you were horrified that this posted today. I've been there and it wasn't pretty.

    Love all that orange (I'm wearing all orange today).

    You certainly are frugal. Good job with the corrugated cardboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)