Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Challenge Anyone?

Hi everyone I had never heard of  Your Next Stamps and dies but it came up when I was looking for a challenge to enter. Several of the stamp challenges require that you use a stamp from the company but luckily this challenge doesn't. The challenge ends tomorrow but I still encourage you to check them out to see if there is a challenge in the future you might want to try. You can do a sketch, color combination or both if you really want to challenge yourself.
http://yournextstamp.com/blog/challenges

O.k I will admit I did not read the instructions for the color part of the challenge so added green to my project. But I did read somewhere that green is considered a neutral color ;-). I was also doing the sketch but had to do a little modifying of it but I think you can tell it is the sketch.

Here is the reveal let me know what you think.

The background my stamped bird is adhered to is actually a photo I took last week of irises by the water. I've been neglecting my Kaleidoscope software program so went ahead and made a kaleidscope image.

The bird is stamped on a used dryer sheet to give some texture and then mounted on blue card stock and hand cut out.

For those who have been following me for anytime you know I like to experiment. I decided to see if I could adhere torn pieces of tissue wrapping paper to a piece of acetate and then emboss with a stencil and my embossing machine. What I discovered is that once the acrylic floor wax which was used for glue is dry it can be peeled off the acetate if not adhered tight at a corner. I also learned it does not cut well using a paper trimmer. Either that or it is the case where I need to change the blade. So I ended up adding a frame.

The adhesive rick rack was in my stash and was just enough to frame my printed image. The gem trim is also from my stash and if I would have read the color instructions I would have used the clear trim but I tend to hoard the clear.

There you have it my challenge to challenge myself and do something different.

O.K. I'm adding a shameful plug here. Talking about challenges the Just For Fun 50's Flashback is in full swing until the end of the month. Please join in the fun if you can.  Not that I'm trying to twist your arm or anything. ;-) Details can be found here: http://justforfunrubberstamps.blogspot.com/2016/06/june-challenge-50s-flashback.html

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!





2 comments:

  1. Great project !!
    I do not know why my comments don't show up on your blog when I send them from my phone or Kobo. I do send them. Se la vie.
    Hugs
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm clueless as to why your comments are not showing up. I was reading your comments in my google email but the last comment there was Easter. Thank you for taking the time to leave comments even if they don't show up. I even double checked to make sure they didn't end up in the spam folder. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)