Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fun In The Sun

Sorry about not posting lately. I was having fun with my sis and playing tourist. I don't do that too often. Anyway I brought sun and summer home with me putting me in the mood to do a summer card.

I have had a sandal cutting file since I scanned it from the book "Homemade" and traced it into a cutting file. With the card challenge over at Silhouette Plus forum using glitter and shimmer I knew I wanted to use it. Also Moxie Fab World has their Tuesday Trigger using this summery image.


I love the colors and the sparkle of the sugar. To me this shouts summer and fun. Although I could not totally duplicate the colors I love how my card turned out.

Before you look at my card you had better put on those sun glasses. LOL!


 Although I wanted to layer the colors like in the image I had to switch the colors around a little bit since I did not have a raspberry colored card  base and didn't want to use my one and only piece of raspberry card stock for one.

I used a pre-scored orange card base for the card. I sprayed adhesive on it and then sprinkled coarse Martha Stewart crystal glitter. Although it doesn't show up in the picture the green is white card stock which I sprayed faux glimmer mist on. It does have a sheen to it. The raspberry panel I also used spray adhesive on and crystal glitter. The sandal was heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I've wanted to do it for a long  but didn't have any silver until I visited my sister.

The sun was chalked with yellow chalk and then painted with gold Perfect Pearl. I tried to use the sentiment as a stencil but it didn't work. I decided to use silver glitter on a tag. Then cut out of yellow a tag  with the sentiment. Then glued the tags together. I used a Karen Foster brad to attach it to the sandal. The sandal is attached to the card with foam adhesive.

I encourage you to join in the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger at http://www.moxiefabworld.com/search/label/Tuesday%20Trigger You have until the 20th of May. Also the Silhouette Plus May card challenge is going until the end of the month.

My frugal tip is to use adhesive and glitter to make your own glitter paper. It is a lot cheaper and by using spray adhesive the glitter doesn't seem to fall off.

Thank you for stopping by. Do come back. Happy Crafting until we meet again.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Myoriah! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)