Monday, May 7, 2012

Another Tuesday Trigger:Vintage Vogue



When I saw the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger I just knew that I had to enter it. Even though I am no longer a ribbon and lace girl I do like to use those elements on my cards. This is the totally fabulous inspiration image.


I love that taupe dress and knew that I wanted that color in my interpretation. Luckily I had some pre-scored cards and there just happened to be a card close to that color. I love those gold circles also on a sheer fabric.Here is my card. 



The frame,flourish and dress is digital images by Digi Deborah Designs from the Royal Wedding blog hop which is going on this month. I rubbed Antique Linen ink on the frame and the dress to give them a more vintage look. I added sheer ribbon to the empire waist of the dress and to the top of the lace. LOL! The lace may well be vintage now as it was left over from my dress making days when I would craft for myself designer looking dresses and lace and ribbon was all the rage. I was going to wrap the tulle around the gold card stock in a bow but after playing decided to just fold a piece over and glue it on top of the card stock. When I was playing around with the elements in the Studio software I decided to make the dress so that it would extend beyond the frame. Perhaps it is just me but it looked a little strange so decided to use the flourish. I was going to heat emboss it gold but realized that the detail would be lost and it would lose the vintage look. I don't know why the circles don't look flat but they are. LOL! I went back to add some glue to glue them down better after looking at the picture. The laminated glitter must be doing a weird optical illusion.

Well there you have my Vintage Vogue look. As well as a totally different color palette from my usual.

I hope you will hop over to Moxie Fab World and play along and feast your eyes on the awesome entries. This is opened until the 13th of May so you have time.
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/05/tuesday-trigger-vintage-vogue.html

My frugal tip of the day is blog hop there are often some really great digital stuff for free.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back. I have a project in mind for the card challenge over at the Silhouette Plus Forum that I will be sharing next week. Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

5 comments:

  1. i would like to say dressing is very famous.http://bassamsfreiha.com/oneframe/defaultIn.asp?part=1&upart=5

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I like how you made the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card and take on the trigger! I love the dress. So creative. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Myoriah! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you made the dress, Myoriah! The lace really adds a nice touch to it...beautifully done!
    Hugs!

    ShellyPop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)