Saturday, August 5, 2017

Retro and Watercolor Challenge

Hi everyone I'm once again caught up with my obligations for the design team so while I wait for images I thought it would be fun to play and enter a couple of challenges.  While searching for challenges I found a site which has challenges using stamps which are a year or older. The challenge right now is colors.

Details can be found here:

The other challenge is Happy Little Stamper Watercolor challenge 
 

Details can be found here:

Here is my card.

I love playing. Both the window panel and behind the window was created using glossy photo paper which is waterproof. On a piece of plastic I dropped drops of moss green re-inker. Then I dropped water on the plastic causing the re-inker to spread and placed the photo paper in the ink. While still wet I quickly placed plastic wrap. For the window backing I used the Moss Green and Festive Berries ink.

I used a Spellbinder die to cut my window. Then used double sided foam to attach the red panel.

For my butterfly I used the first rubber stamp I bought back in the 80's. Although the copyright is 1981 I think it was more like 1982 or 1983 when I bought it. Alas as far as I can tell the company in Seattle Washington is no longer in business. I  stamped it with Ranger's Archival Ink. Then I painted it with  iridescent pan watercolor paints.

The sentiment, flowers and bee is from Simply Defined Aviary Blossom,Floral Corner Set which I found this week at a thrift store. After stamping and cutting with the dies I once again painted with the pan water colors.

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

8 comments:

  1. Nice window panel. I also like how you have added flowers to your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad you found us, Myoriah. The smooshed background is gorgeous and is a lovely ground for your butterfly, which you've painted superbly. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber for our summer colours challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous things to look at. My friend you are so very creative. :)
    Hugs
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, love all the details and your coloring. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Your butterfly is beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that aperture and the Butterfly is lovely. Thank for playing with us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myoriah, I love the background technique on glossy paper. Stampin' Up! brought it back this year and I am so glad. Love the colors used with the butterfly as well as the flowers! They really pop! Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber this challenge. Hope you will join us often!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a coooool background. Love how this turned out. Thank you so much for joining us at the HLS Watercolor challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)