Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Christmas Challenges

Hi everyone I'm still in the creating cards for Christmas mood. I happened to come across the blog Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge  This is the link for their current challenge. They also right now have a call for guest DT members. :-)

The other challenge is the monthly Christmas challenge over at The Happy Little Stampers. Check out all of their challenges. Here is the link for their Christmas one. http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/08/hls-august-christmas-challenge.html
Alas I discovered that I don't own a Poinsettia stamp nor did I find one at Michaels. :-(

I encourage you to check out both challenges and either get started on creating your Christmas cards or add to your stash. You know the holidays will be here before you know it and if you send cards wouldn't it be nice to have them all done. O.k. enough yakking! Here is the card I did this week.


For my background I used a retired Sizzix embossing folder. I thought of sanding after embossing but decided to leave it as it is.

I bought this Santa stamp from a friend a couple of years ago and oh the shame this is the first time I've inked it up.  The stamp is I believe called Christmas Wish. It is by Stamper's Anonymous and it looks like it is available as part of a clear stamp collection by Tim Holtz.

I inked the stamp up with Ranger Archival black ink and then colored using Tombow markers. I managed to score a couple of sets this week at Michaels on sale.

I hope you are finding time to craft as Summer quickly winds down. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

4 comments:

  1. Coloured to perfection. I've always loved this stamp. Very nice Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Santa stamp and coloured perfectly. Such a lovely traditional Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers for our Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one awesome Santa! You have colored him beautifully. Love the sheet music behind him - perfect touch! Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers August Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)