Saturday, July 15, 2017

Christmas In July Theme

Hi everyone it is now the third Saturday in July and that means either a theme or technique challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room. This week the theme is Christmas or any other holiday you may celebrate in the winter. The sponsor is The Paper Shelter who has provided the images for those of us on the design team.  One person will win a $15 gift certificate.



I decided to create two cards using the same image for both also adding a digital Christmas paper for one card. I love this image of the girl who fell asleep waiting for Santa.


I love how my background turned out. I wasn't sure if I was going to get a nice brown shade in places or a muddy looking brown. On a sheet of plastic I dropped Evergreen and Festive Berries reinker. Then misted the plastic and with a chopstick swirled the ink around.  Then I pressed my card stock which I had sprayed with water on both sides into my mix. (I've discovered if I get both sides of card stock wet there is less chance of buckling.) While still wet I put it in a retired Sizzix folder and embossed. I kept it in the folder until it was dry. Then colored the ornaments with gel pens. The silver hangers don't really show in the photo.

As long as I had my embossing machine out I decided to see if I could emboss ribbon. I found a spool of red ribbon which is stiff. I took another retired  Sizzix folder to emboss it with the Merry Christmas all over it. Now that I know it works I'll be looking for more stiff ribbon and perhaps using spray starch on some I have in my stash.




I found a small doily which I had played with coloring using distress ink and water. I then stamped and it didn't  work out.  However,  I didn't want to throw the doily out so was able to salvage part of it.

The bottom strip was from my mopping up the ink from the plastic from the previous card. I liked the way it turned out.

I took the color image and removed the white background. I then layered on top of a digital Christmas paper.

You can often trace in Silhouette Studio and detach to remove the background. You can also use a program like LunaPic online to turn the background transparent and save.

There you have it my two Christmas cards using a digital stamp and digital paper by The Paper Shelter.

Have you started creating your holiday cards yet?

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)