Saturday, June 17, 2017

Feminine Challenge

Hi everyone it is the third Saturday and time for a theme challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room. This Saturday the challenge is to create a feminine project. The challenge this week is being provided by Graciellie Design. One lucky person will win a $10 gift certificate.

Gracie sent me the recent release of Lady and I have to say I love this digital stamp set. I couldn't quit playing with it. There are also three other new releases "Wonderful Things", "Sending Kindness" and "Simple Wisdom". Not only are the images awesome but the prices are reasonable.  In fact I may have to have the dogs tell me what they changed my PayPal Password to so I can buy these images also.

Now for the reveal. Ta Da!


My card base was actually the base for a Christmas card cutting file from the Silhouette store. I used Stazon Royal Purple with a lace stamp I have which had been gathering dust. I had forgotten how much fun it is to stamp a background.

My shape was a frame from the Silhouette store. I discarded the square. Then I filled my shape in with the Newspaper Grunge Pattern from the store. I edged the panel with a Sharpie which was really juicy.

I opened Lady 2 in PhotoShop Elements and changed her from black and white to color. Then saved her. Since Lady 2 is a JPG it is not transparent and alas I could not figure out how to make the background transparent and not the rest of the white. I resized her to fit on my panel. I colored with a color pencil the lady. Then added one of the sentiments in the set which has a transparent background.


I was playing with my Soft Pastels and a stencil. I rubbed a few different colors over the stencil. Then used a cloth to rub the color into the stencil openings. I lifted the stencil and then took a soft brush and brush the excess powder over filling in the background with a subtle color.

The great thing about using a program like Silhouette Studio which by the way you don't need a cutting machine to use is it is easy to change images and sentiments.

I used pan chalks and a cotton swab to color lady 1 and the background.

I hand sewed lace on the stenciled panel before adhering it to the card base.

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)