Saturday, June 17, 2017

Challenging Myself With Stencils

Hi everyone on Facebook the eBrush group is having a challenge to create a background using two stencils. I decided since I'm caught up once again for my design team to play. Also the Mixed Media blog has a challenge of putting a spin on one of the past challenges. I saw their past "Put A Stencil On It" and thought it would be fun to join. Details can be found here
https://mixedmediamc.blogspot.com/2017/06/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-37-year.html


Here is my card using two stencils for my background. .I love how it turned out.


I started by taking a chipboard photo mat and drawing around the oval and cutting it out to use as a mask. After I placed the mask where I wanted it I placed the dot stencil over and used my eBrush with Spectrum Noir markers.  Then I removed the mask and placed a Waverly stencil down and the chipboard mat on top. And once again used my eBrush. Then I took my card front with the mat still taped on and ran it through my embossing machine using an embossing mat to emboss the oval.

I opened the bird and sentiment from Graciellie Design Believe digital set into Silhouette Studio. After I had it like I wanted I grouped them and drew an oval around. I then printed and cut out the oval. I once again took the eBrush and taking a big breath as I had never eBrushed the background of a digital image before eBrushed with a light grey marker. I colored with pencils and pop dotted onto my card front.

It was a little nerve wracking to get out of my comfort zone and do something with more than one stencil. As well as to see if I could emboss using a chipboard cutout.

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!


1 comment:

  1. Wowza, this card rocks. Using two stencils would be hard, but you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)