Sunday, January 1, 2017

Wishing You The Best

Wow! I can't believe it today is the first day of  2017.

Over this weekend I've been busy creating these small playing card size to give to volunteers at the local food bank. So far I've created 61 of them. I want to make 39 more of them today. Creating these small cards have used my goal of trying new things that I made in 2016.. I played with Soft Pastels to create my backgrounds.


I used the text to path in Silhouette Studio to create my arched "Wishing You The Best".  Using print and cut as well as mass production has allowed me to create so many of them at one time. I'm able to get nine cards out of  letter size white card stock.  And print nine images. 😀

For my background I scribbled with two or three colors of Soft Pastels. Then took a paper towel to wipe the card stock. If there are a lot of crumbs on the card stock you can first tap it onto another piece of card stock.  A spray sealer will help the pastels from rubbing off when you are done.

Time to make crafting goals:

Although I'm enjoying being on the Design Team I'm on I would like to do something more with mixed media and perhaps old fashioned stamps. So one goal is to get on another design team.

To play and learn more about mixed media. Especially to learn what things play well together. As well as learning techniques which are new to me at least.

My "playroom" is in desperate need not only to be cleaned but also organized. So once again that is on my list.

Along with the organizing is getting into the closet of the "playroom" and starting to sort through photos as my sister wants some copies of some of them. Also perhaps I'll finish an altered board book I started which I had planned to add photos. Getting out of my comfort zone is not always easy for me but if I'm going to grow as an artist and designer it is a must.

What are your crafting goals this year?

Wishing you the best in 2017.  As well as wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting!




1 comment:

  1. What a kind person you are to make so many to give away to the volunteers at the food bank. I know they will love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)