Saturday, September 10, 2016

Maple Leaf Candle

Hi everyone I forgot to schedule a post for this project. My excuse is my laptop got broken and I was using my old desktop which is so ancient it has the Vista operating system and is so slow.

This month the Just For Fun Rubber Stamp challenge is Fall with the option of being anything but a card. I decided to go along with optional challenge to create this quick flame-less candle. I love the Just For Fun Stamptangle Maple Leaf stamp.

I stamped the leaf using black embossing powder on white card stock.  Then I spritzed my card stock with water and sprinkled red and yellow Brusho Colour Crystals. I then brushed copper watercolor paint over blending in the colors more. Alas I could not get the subtle sheen to show in the photo.

I found that multi purpose glue worked best for adhering things to the candle. I had tried to place a sentiment using my tape runner and it didn't stick. I then decided that the sentiment was too much. Since I glued the leaf to the raffia ribbon and just a drop on the tip of the leaf it will be easy to change for another season. Especially since the multi purpose glue I use quickly rubs off.

Thank you for stopping by and do come back as I'm working on some other projects now that I have my "playroom" cleaned up. Wishing you Happy Frugal crafting till we meet again.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)