Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Last Minute Photo Gift

Hi everyone the clock is ticking away and Christmas will be here before we know it. Alas I have not gotten a single cookie baked so I'm going to have to find my snow shoes and walk to the store tomorrow for what I need. However, I just finished my last gift.

I was going to do a picture of the two dogs alone but realized the picture I had in mind is on my phone and I didn't feel like going through a million photos to find it. The person this is for has a birthday in February so I can do a photo canvas of them then. In fact now that I've done this I'll be playing with doing photo collages on canvas.

If you are looking for a quick gift which is personal then this is the project for you. As long as you are not faint of heart. I have tried this technique of printing on tissue wrapping paper with both my inkjet printer and my laser printer. I use the rear tray for printing with my ink jet printer. To print on tissue paper you will spray with a positional adhesive on a piece of copy paper. Follow the directions for drying time to use as positional. Position tissue wrapping paper on the copy paper and trim if need be. Then print like you normally do. Once printed pull the tissue paper off the copy paper. Cut slightly larger than your canvas board.

I then sprayed my canvas board with spray adhesive and placed my tissue paper on top.If you are worried about messing up at this point then you can wait awhile for the adhesive to become positional. I smoothed the print down with my hands from the center out. (Something I learned to do when hanging wallpaper in another lifetime. ;-) )I used a glue stick on the edges and the back  and then wrapped the extra around to the back. Then I took a marker and colored the edge. Because this was printed on my inkjet printer I didn't seal it. I haven't really found any sealer which plays nicely with inkjet prints.

This took me less than a half hour to do but don't tell my friend. ;-)

The canvas boards can be found at craft stores like Michaels and are relatively inexpensive compared to stretched canvas.

Presents to be wrapped are calling me. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

1 comment:

  1. This is an absolutely fabulous gift.
    Terrific job dear friend.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)