Thursday, December 10, 2015

Another Stamptangle Stocking Card

Hi everyone I was busy addressing envelopes and realized I had forgotten to make cards for some people. I don't know whether they would have missed the handmade cards if I sent a store bought card but I hate to disappoint people. I'm loving the Just For Fun Stamptangle Stocking stamp so much that I just had to make another card with it. Of course I also had to experiment to see if I could foil over Liquitex Light Molding Paste. Here is my card.
Background panel, stocking, and Merry Christmas all come from scrap card stock. I don't think I have even put a dent in card stock left over from print and cuts.

I used my air brush with Dollar Tree metallic markers. The gold flowed nicely on my scrap but when I went to spray over the blue it speckled. That is all right because I like the speckled look.

I stenciled the stars on with the molding paste. When it was dry I brushed the transfer adhesive over them. The molding paste seemed to absorb the adhesive so in places I didn't get good coverage but that is all right as I think the stars have more character than if they were completely covered. I decided to give the stars a little more dimension by tracing around using an extra fine point Sharpie. The black was dried out :-( so I used a dark blue.

The stocking was stamped with Ranger Archival ink. I will try to do a video soon of the technique I used to color the stocking as well as the Merry Christmas. I will tell you I dusted off the oil pastels and used them. The oil pastels on the Merry Christmas ended up paler than I had anticipated so I'll probably dust some chalk over them to make them pop more.

O.K I still have not begun to decorate my apartment or make new decorations so as soon as i get this card ready to mail I'm off to do that.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)