Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mojo Monday 406

Hi everyone another week another Mojo Monday sketch. This one was a fun one as I was able to look through my pieces of my experiment papers. I only wished that I had written in pencil on the back how I did some of the experiments. The more recent ones like I used for this card I know how I did them. There are others though that I've looked at and really like but am totally clueless how I did them.

First off before I do the unveiling of my card I want to invite you to join in on the Mojo Monday challenges. Not only are the challenges fun but each sketch can be a good lesson in design. I find myself looking at the sketches and thinking what makes this sketch so pleasing to the eye.. Flutter on over to http://mojomonday.blogspot.com and feast your eyes not only on the inspirational sketches but also on the gorgeous examples the design team create each week.

Here is this week's sketch:

Here is my take on this week's sketch:
The panel on the left was done using the technique that I did a tutorial for on this blog. The panel on the left is embossed using a Darice embossing folder. I air brushed with pink  markers and a blender pen  The blue panel was my experiment using oil pastels and Awesome Orange for a water color look. For a personal challenge I did not have water soluble oil pastels or water soluble crayons so this was my solution.I rubbed oil pastels over my embossed panel which had a piece of card stock on the raised side. I then brushed the orange cleaner over my embossed card stock.  The sentiment panel was a "Happy Accident". I was playing with spraying Awesome Orange cleaner on a piece I had scribbled  oil pastels over. The scribbled card stock was on a piece of non-stick parchment paper which I had been using to catch the over-spray from my air brush.

The sentiment is a stamp by Hero Arts but I'm pretty sure it has been retired by now. I've only had it for a couple of decades ;-).  Normally I would have colored in but I decided to leave it uncolored as there is plenty already going on.

The butterfly on the flower is a Dover image. After printing it out  with a laser printer I used the ScanNCut machine to cut it out. I decided to not use the stem and leaves after it was cut out. Alas the machine would not recogonize the image so I ended up cutting those off by hand. I then colored with pencils. I wish I could have gotten a better picture as this ended up being a totally gorgeous embellishment. I then heated up my laminator  and foiled with Opal DecoFoil by Therm O Web. I am going to have to buy more of this foil. Just wish it came in the economy pack like some of the other colors. Because it is more transparent then the other colors the printed lines show through.

There you have it my entry for this week's Mojo Monday. I'm not sure when I'll be posting again but do come back as I plan to create a card for next week's Mojo Monday. :-) Until then wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work girlfriend. Leaving the image uncoloured works well. I have regular pastels and don't know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mojo seems to be working just fine girl.
    Lovely card.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)