Monday, June 15, 2015

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone I saw on Sunday a sketch challenge over at My Favorite Things. Only thing is the challenge is ending soon so I had to hurry up and do my project. Note to self when it is close to the deadline don't use glitter glue. The circle for a flower wasn't sticking and when I went to press it down with my fingers the glitter glue on that circle wasn't completely dry. :-(

Here is the sketch for the challenge:
Here is what I came up with:
I started by airbrushing my card base although not much of it shows here. It was good practice for me.

The flowers are a Silhouette Store file,my window I quickly drew in Studio, and the scallop border was also from the Silhouette store. My Cameo for some reason was being obstinate so I ended up cutting things out one at a time. Grr!

The flowers were airbrushed with a Sprectrum Noir marker. Then painted with Iridescent Medium. The circle was covered with Studio G glitter glue. The chenille wire was also airbrushed with a couple of different colors of Spectrum Noir markers.

The background behind the window was a piece I had played with using my homemade color mist on antique calligraphy paper.

The window was painted using my air brush. I then adhered plastic on the back side. So in person it really looks like the cat is looking out a window. Of course I then had to add some lace for a window valance behind the plastic.

I scored the scallop for folding but forgot about allowing for a way to adhere my window box. Originally the window box was going to cover the full length of my window. I painted first Cafe Au Lait acrylic paint on my border. Then I went back and painted nutmeg acrylic paint and dry brushed over the paint to remove some of the paint. When the paint was dry I stamped the woodgrain pattern using Stazon Timber Brown ink.

The cat in the basket is actually a Christmas stamp where the cat is surrounded by ornaments. This was one of my first Christmas stamps. I painted the cat with water color paints. Then cut out the cat with part of the basket.

I then stamped my fairy from I Brake For Stamps. She is painted with water color paint. I chalked her skin but it really doesn't show in the photo. I tried to get a closeup of her but kept getting reflections :-(. I placed square adhesive foam inside the window box and then pressed her into place.

Because the window box sticks out this would not be a good card to mail unless you mail it in a box. I'm thinking of framing it without the glass and sending it to a friend. So which  of my friends who read this blog would like me to send this minature art piece to them? Lol! And not with the idea of getting a free frame.

Although this particular challenge ends in less than thirteen hours do check  out  http://www.cardchallenges.com/ to see what the next challenge is going to be.

I've been so busy trying to finish this card before the deadline that I have not checked out Mojo Monday to see what the sketch challenge is this week. Off to check it out. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Oh cute. Love all of the dimension. Glad you made the entry deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. Cute fairy. Nice lace :)
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with the sketch. I have loads of IBFS stamps and just love them and how deeply etched they are. Your take on the flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)