Sunday, June 30, 2013

Print And Cut Shaped Cards

Since I'm hosting a card challenge over at the Silhouette Plus Forum I thought I better get busy and make some cards for it. Since I have not found the majority of craft supplies it had to be something that wouldn't take a lot in the way of supplies.

Here is my first card and my favorite:

The lady is clip-art from Dover. She was originally a black and white image. I traced her like usual in my Studio software. Then I duplicated the cut lines only not the image to make the card base. After I had my card base designed I went ahead and put her on top of the card base. I had to do a little bit of re-sizing in order to get her sleeves to come out right at the fold. Then I made sure that the image was set to no cut as I only wanted the printed base to cut out. After she was printed and my Cameo cut her out I used my chalks to color her. This was a quick card to do.

When I thought of what to do for the challenge this was the first file I made. Because the image is rounded I had to do this a little differently.
The image is another Dover image. For this card after tracing the frog I copied the cut line again and made my card base. I cut the frog out separate from the base. If you look at the back you will see the frog  overlaps a little where the fold is. I colored the frog with colored pencils and chalk. No comments on my kindergarten coloring. LOL! Because the adhesive I usually use exploded (thank goodness I had the foresight to put it in a plastic bag) I ended up using a glue stick to glue my frog image to the front of the card base. Those I had no problem finding. I still haven't found my tape runner. The missing craft supplies will probably be in the last box I unpack.

I was working on a third shaped card using offset cut lines as the image was too small to enlarge without really distorting. Also I wanted to stamp a sentiment on the card. Hopefully I'll soon find my clear stamps. If not then I'll cut out a sentiment using my Cameo.

There you have it my playing making print and cut shaped cards. A good way to spend a hot day inside where it is cooler.

Thank you for stopping and leaving comments. I hope if you are where it is hot that you are staying cool.

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Myoriah
    You have really done a great job on both cards since you have limited supplies. Love the expression on the frogs face. lol
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always intrigued with your Silhouette usage. It sounds so labour intensive. Love your cards, but that lady is my favourite. Now that I have my printer out of storage maybe I should sign up for Dover again. Thank heavens you found your glue stick. I understand the frustration. I'm "unpacked" yet I still can't find particular stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)