My most recent experiment was to see if I could heat emboss on fabric. I also noticed while organizing some rubber stamps that I have a Hero Arts stamp that I've played with a couple of times but never used in a project. At one time Michaels had a stamp of the month and this Hydrangea stamp was one of them. I happened to buy the last one that was in the store. Making one customer very unhappy when the clerk told her they were out.
Although I've read about it I've never stamped on something that was heat embossed so I decided to play with that also. I don't know why I've never done it before.
I'm a loving how this card turned out. Unfortunately because I heat embossed with silver it was more difficult to get a good picture of the stamping on the frame. This really is gorgeous in person.(click image to enlarge)
The first time I used my Vintage lilac glitter embossing powder but it ended up being more impressionist looking. So I decided to use my silver embossing powder. I decided to see if I could use chalk on my first try. I discovered that I could not just rub the chalk on with a cotton ball or q-tip. I had to apply the chalk directly and then with my fingers blend it. This is a really detailed stamp and this technique worked for the effect I was after but I think that normally a less detailed stamp would work better.
Cameron my cutting machine was glad that he was asked to cut the frame. He feels left out if I make a card without his help. Yes, machines do have feelings. That is why when you leave them cutting and you walk out of the room they misbehave. Or at least Cameron does.
I cut the frame out of a scrap of gray card stock. I love how I can use scraps of my card stock with my cutting machine. Although I could have used my embossing pad I went ahead and used my liquid embossing liquid and heat embossed the normal way.
I played on scrap first to see what was the best color to use over the embossing. I was going to go with using a pink but both my pigment ink and my Stazon Candy Cherry were both too light. Although my Stazon Royal Purple looked great I really wanted to use another color.
Now don't ask me why my Forest Green Stazon ink did not work well at Christmas time. I decided to give it another chance before I tossed the pad. As you can tell it stamped perfectly both on my scrap and on the frame. Perhaps I need to threaten more of my products with being tossed so that they work like they are suppose to.
The stamp I used is from Inkadinkado Inspiration Lift Set. I had only used a couple of sentiments from the set so decided it was time for me to use one of the stamps that was not a sentiment.
That is all for now. Thank you for stopping by and do come back. My next project will be a card for the card challenge over at Sillhouette Plus. The theme is friendship and it should be a fun challenge so I encourage you to join me. I will be doing an experiment for this card. I have things laid out in Studio and it will be a print and cut but perhaps with a twist. I will let you know whether it works or not.
I'm off to walk in the sunshine to the library I only have six books waiting for me to pickup. One is for this month's book club. The one I'm really excited about is painting on paper for use in scrapbooking and card making.
Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!