Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Vintage Book Page Christmas Card

Hi all! The month is quickly flying by and before we know it Christmas and the other winter holidays will be here. If you have been procrastinating making cards you still have time. In fact you may want to mail your cards for Epiphany so people can enjoy them.

When this angel image showed up in my inbox from Graphic Fairy I knew I had to create a card using it. I also knew it would be perfect for a card for  my sister who was the dark hair sibling.

People often ask where I get my inspiration from. The book page background comes from a Christmas ornament I saw where someone had mod podged torn book pages on. Hopefully I will have time to do that with some of my shabby ball ornaments. For those who are worried about tearing apart a book you can often get books for a few cents or even for free at your public library.  You can ask your librarian what they do with books which are damaged beyond repair.

I tore out a couple of pages and tore them in pieces. If you are stressed from holiday preparations this is a good way to get rid of some of that stress. I adhered the pieces on card stock and then edged my panel with Distress ink. I printed two images so I could cut the angels out of one and pop dot the wings and adhere the rest of the angels flat. Although it doesn't show in the photo this is a good way to give dimension.

Will try to do a post on some decorations you can quickly do. If I don't find my "Round To It" have happy Frugal Crafting and Happy holidays whatever holidays you may observe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)