Thursday, October 3, 2019

Easy Frame Makeover

Hi I am still alive and kicking. I have been busy cleaning, organizing and lots of other things. Unfortunately the blog has been placed on the back burner along with crafting. However, I have had a frame project photo on my camera for a few months which I haven't blogged about. This was a fun project to take a wooden frame and use paint, foil, hot glue and buttons to dress up a frame for a card my sister made for me. I love how this frame turned out and would love to do some more but I have too many other irons in the fire.



I started by drawing lines with a hot glue gun onto the frame. Then hot gluing different size buttons with some of the buttons with raised lips. The color of buttons doesn't matter as they will be covered with foil. I then wrapped the frame with strips of foil. gluing the edges of the foil  down. In this case you don't want to be a perfectionist as the foil crumpled adds to the effect. Paint the foil and let it dry. Then if you wish you can do like I did here and paint another color of top. While the paint is still wet wipe some of the paint off with a damp paper towel. Let dry and you have a one of a kind frame.

This is my newest project. I have had this wire waste basket for years and thought it was time to jazz it up. So now I'm weaving yarn through the holes. Not sure how it will turn out.. I hope it will add a pop of color in my living room.

Happy Frugal Crafting until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)