Saturday, November 18, 2017

3 X Designer Paper Challenge

Hi everyone today starts another challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room. The challenge this week is to use three designer papers either handmade or commercial. The sponsor is Pickled Potpourri and one lucky person will win a $7 gift certificate.

I wish I could say everything is unpacked and organized in my playroom but that is not the case. However I found one paper pad with two designer papers that went together and in my experiment bin found a piece of deli paper I had been playing with acrylic paint on.


Pickled Potpourri was generous and provided several different file. I decided to use the snowflakes from More Christmas Shapes and the snow couple and sentiment from Warmed Me Up for my card.

I used Silhouette Studio to put together my image. Even if you do not have a cutting machine you can still use the free software. I have the designer edition so it opened up the images in PDF format with no problem. I decided to draw the mat and fill it in that the sentiment is on for a little extra pop of color.  As well as to have the lines print for the shape.

The mat the image is on was  actually painted with  green and gold paint. The gold doesn't really show up in the photo. Because deli paper is waxy I was not sure how it was going to take the paint. As well as if the base paint would life or not when sponging another color on.

Time to go get busy with more unpacking and organizing. If I'm lucky I'll have everything done by Christmas. LOL! 

Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card.
    I still wish we could get together for a day in your craft cave. There is so much you could teach me, especially how you do things with the Cameo.
    Happy crafting dear friend.
    Hugs,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I discovered your card and blog from "Hiding in My Craft Room" blog which was also discovered today as I'm searching online for some creative inspiration for my own paper crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)