Saturday, August 26, 2017

Any Holiday Halloween

Hi everyone it is the 4th Saturday which means it is time over at Hiding In My Craft Room for the Any Holiday challenge.

The way this year is flying by before I know  Halloween will be here before I know it. I don't send out a lot of Halloween cards but I do a few. So when Pickled Potpourri sent me files of images I knew it was the perfect time. By the way Pickled Potpourri is the sponsor for this week's challenge. Be sure to go and check out what they have. They will be giving out a $7 gift certificate.


I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I flunked drawing 101 so I often cheat. This time I used a Paper Studio embossing folder and embossed plastic. Then I took Studio G glitter glue and filled in the debossed lines for my spider webs.  I adhered the plastic once the glitter glue was dry to black card stock and then glued a frame I had cut out and colored with my eBrush and a bronze marker on top. The frame hides the adhesive marks.

Happy Halloween is from a tag which was a freebie at one time from Silhouette. I printed it out and then decided to cut it by hand free form.

The image is the Boo To You file. It comes in both JPG and PNG format. After printing out and cutting to size I took black and violet chalk for my background.  I carefully used my fingers to blend being careful to not get the chalk where I didn't want it.  I then applied paste wax to the chalked area. Let it dry and then buffed it. Then I was able to go ahead and apply a light coat of paste wax over the rest of the piece.Once dried I used watercolor pencils for the moon and the grass. I dipped the pencils in water in order to color. The pumpkin is colored with Mandarin Orange Distress ink. With all the markers and paints I have you would think I had a good orange. I used Antique Linen distress ink for the haystack but then decided to also use a Spectrum Noir marker.



It took longer for the Dimensional Magic to dry for the windshield and headlight than to put this card together. I used Silhouette Studio software. Picked my shape in the library and filled with a gradient fill. I did an external offset for my shape so I could cut it out of pattern card stock. Happy Halloween was from a file in the library. I used the gradient fill to color the letters.

The bird in the car, hat and sentiment is from the Life Is Tweet file.  Although the bird in the car and the hat are in png  format they didn't work for what I wanted to do. I used the trace and detach function in Studio. This left a transparent background but filled in images.  I placed the hat on top of the bird and grouped the two before placing on the background. The trick sentiment is png so worked perfectly.

After everything was grouped together on the gradient panel I printed and had just the shape cut out. Then came the fun of coloring with pencils. Adding the clear Dimensional Magic and waiting for it to dry before I put everything together.

I'm not sure who I'm going to give the first card to but I know a boy who would love the second card.

Thank you for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)