Saturday, April 22, 2017

Any Holiday Challenge

Hi everyone it is the 4th Saturday of the month which means another Any Holiday challenge over at Hiding In My Craft Room. This week the sponsor is The Paper Shelter. One lucky person will receive a $15 gift certificate.

I did two projects using one of the digital papers for a scrapbook page and the color gardener image. The gardener image also comes in black and white if you would like to color your own. I think she is so sweet.


When it gets close to Mother's day my thoughts turn to my Mother. This wedding picture of her is my favorite one.  Since I'm putting together a small 5 x 7 album for family I thought this would be the perfect time to put together a page. On the back I will place information about my mother before laminating the page.

Except for the coffee dyed copy paper lace everything was done in Silhouette Designer Studio. It was so easy to add the oval of my mother to the digital paper by Paper Shelter. As well as to design the banner and sentiment tag. Edging the elements after they were cut out with Distress ink and a quick scrapbook page was put together.



Yeah! I figured out how to use Sizzix texture plates with the Cut n' Boss embossing machine. Following the directions which came with the plates did not work at all. I'm not even sure the texture plates are sold anymore. But happy to know I can use the set I own with my embossing machine. Since the embossing was crisper with damp paper I went ahead and wet my card stock and sprinkled turquoise and red Brusho Crystal Colours before running through the embossing machine.

Using Silhouette Designer Edition I placed the Colored Gardener in a frame and filled the frame with color.  I then added a small external offset to give me a white border. I had the machine just cut around the shape instead of cutting out all the details.

By the way remember even if you don't have a Silhouette machine you can use the free software for putting things together and printing out.

For this card I'm putting a Mother's Day sentiment inside and a friend can mail it to his mother. She has a shoe box full of my cards which I've sent her over a decade now.

I hope you will join in this week's challenge. Wishing you Happy Frugal Crafting till we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Your mom was beautiful.
    The tip on putting things together on the Cameo reminded me again, so thank you for that.
    Hugs,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to put a small book together. Your mom looks so pretty.

    You've got one cute card here too. Love the bg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you showcased the beautiful photo of your Mother and the little gardener is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)